Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mixed Message & Big Kid

Saturday I think we sent some mixed messages to Jackson. We started out shooting our bows again in the morning, our targets were a deer and a raccoon cut-out. From Jackson's perspective he sees us trying to impale these "animals" with our arrows and getting really excited when we do. Following the archery practice we all went to the zoo where he sees, among other animals, raccoon and deer. So in a matter of a few hours we went from trying to hit the kill zone of these animals to "look at the cute deer" and "say hi to the raccoon". I wonder what's going through his little head..."Are Mom an Dad going to whip out their bows and shoot these animals?" or "I wonder if the fences will make it easier to kill these animals?". Nice parenting.

Sunday my parents came up and we went to a park we go to often. Jackson had a great time with his Grandma and Grandpa, he loves spending time with them and vice-versa. I'm embarrassed to say I may have been the bigger kid at the park today...see photos, nothing more needs to be said (Mike, be quiet).

After the park we stayed outside to play with water and bubbles. Of course Jackson couldn't resist getting in fully clothed and diapered. I was amazed at how much liquid his diaper could hold and how little it held when he got out and let loose (yes, the nasty stuff). Lets just say he was stripped in the garage and taken straight to the tub : )

1 comment:

Lindsay family said...

I really had a good laugh when I saw the Duggar Family picture and that Mike was missing from it...that was a good one!! Love the pictures of Jackson in the tub of water (very cute).