Sunday, August 3, 2008



HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM/GRANDMA!

OK, my Mom's birthday was yesterday (Aug 2nd) but we didn't celebrate with her until today so this posting technically isn't late, right?

As is her tradition, my Mom made the most of her birthday and celebrated it over a three day period. Her special weekend started Friday with a surprise serenade by her condo association friends and then gabbing with friends on her patio until late. Saturday Mom and Dad headed to the pool bright and earlier and then enjoyed the rest of the day on a pontoon in Lake Poygan with friends. Her birthday weekend wrapped up with Chris, Jackson and I showing up today to enjoy the beautiful weather, the pool and Dad's grilling.

Jackson's getting more "comfortable" in the water (see face photo below). However, this also means he's becoming more daring. For example, he tries "walking" into the water off the side of the pool and when you try and grab him to show him the proper way to sit and get into the pool he darts past you to the water! With the number of heart attacks this child gave me today he'll surely be the death of me.

I realize this photo looks like I'm drowning my child but he really did put is face in on his own.

No comments: